Anna R. Yum
Law Offices of Anna R. Yum 501 W Broadway, Ste 1660 San Diego, CA 92101 Practice Area(s): Criminal Defense, Personal Injury call (619) 233-4433 visit website
Anna Yum is a former prosecutor and premier trial attorney whose practice is focused on criminal defense and personal injury. Ms. Yum is licensed to practice in state and federal court in both the Southern and Central Districts of California. She is also licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois.
Ms. Yum has successfully represented clients on charges ranging from serious and/or violent offenses such as rape/sexual assault, child molest, murder, attempted murder, “criminal street gang” cases, robbery, felony offenses with firearm enhancements, domestic violence with great bodily injury enhancements, etc. to lower-level offenses including driving under the influence, theft-related offenses, narcotics cases, probation violations, and much more. Ms. Yum has successfully tried a multitude of jury and bench trials to verdict. In addition, attorney Yum has aggressively represented numerous plaintiffs in personal injury cases resulting in favorable outcomes whether through mediation, settlement or jury trial.
Many of her high-profile cases have been recognized and highlighted by the media. Ms. Yum is also regularly called upon and trusted by Fox News, HLN/CNN, Discover ID, Fox 5, and many more to provide legal commentary for the top headline cases.
Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
December 2005- California
February 2012- Illinois
Northwestern University (B.S., School of Speech 2000)
University of San Diego (J.D. 2005)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers 2016, 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2015- which recognizes no more than the top 2.5% attorneys under 40 in the state of California
- San Diego Business Journal Best of the Bar 2016
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Avvo Client’s choice award in 2013, 2014, and 2015
- Avvo rating of 10.0 out of 10.0 as a Top Attorney practicing Criminal Defense based upon client reviews and peer endorsements
- American Society of Legal Advocates 2015 Top 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers Under 40 in the State of California
- 2011 San Diego Metro Magazine Top DUI attorneys in San Diego
Ms. Yum has been regularly called upon by both national and local news networks such as Fox News Channel, HLN/CNN, and Discover ID, to provide legal commentary on the top headline cases. Many of her high profile cases have also garnered extensive media coverage on both the national and local platforms.