“I believe that every one of my clients deserves a relentless advocate who is committed to achieving the best possible result no matter how difficult or time consuming. My clients know that I care about them and their case, and they can count on me to be there for them every step of the way.”
A founder and managing partner of Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., Donald M. Soloff has been practicing law for more than 35 years. His expertise lies in complex personal injury matters, including automobile accidents, product liability, premises liability, and medical malpractice.
Mr. Soloff has successfully obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in both State and Federal Court cases involving birth trauma, brain injuries, spinal injuries, burn injuries, wrongful death, and other catastrophic injuries. He has been admitted to the Million Dollar Advocate Forum – a position limited to trial attorneys who have demonstrated exceptional skill, experience, and excellence in advocacy by achieving a verdict, award, or settlement in the amount of $1 million or more. Donald M. Soloff has also been selected as a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” by Philadelphia Magazine in the area of personal injury law; a distinction that is limited to only the top 5 percent of attorneys in the state. He has been awarded an “AV” Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, an honor given to those lawyers who have been recognized for their legal ability, expertise, and integrity and has been named one of the 500 Leading Plaintiff’s Lawyers in America by Lawdragon as well as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. Mr. Soloff was recently nominated and is now a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, an organization reserved for the top 1% of attorneys in the United States.
Having graduated Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude from Williams College in 1975, Mr. Soloff furthered his education at Temple University School of Law, receiving his J.D. Degree in 1979. Following his Temple University graduation, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Edwin S. Malmed of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. Mr. Soloff was admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania in 1979 and in New Jersey in 1984.
Mr. Soloff is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, as well as the District Court of New Jersey. He serves as an Arbitrator in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas as well as an Arbitrator in various automobile related claims, including uninsured and underinsured motorist arbitrations.
Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1979
- Williams College – 1975
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Honors & Awards
- 2014 Litigator Award Winner
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum
- Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” by Philadelphia Magazine in the area of personal injury law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- 500 Leading Plaintiff’s Lawyers in America by Lawdragon
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Member
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Arbitrator
Verdicts & Settlements
- Soloff & Zervanos was a member of the Tropicana garage collapse litigation team, which recently obtained the largest construction settlement in U.S. history, totaling $101 million. Five workers were killed and more than 30 were catastrophically injured when five stories of the Tropicana Casino and Hotel’s garage, which was under construction, collapsed on October 30, 2003.
- $8 million dollar wrongful death settlement to the estate of a five-month-old child who suffered severe brain damage while being administered anesthesia during surgery. Soloff & Zervanos, P.C. was instrumental in helping to obtain this multi-million dollar settlement against a major hospital in central Pennsylvania.
- $4.5 million to a Lancaster teenager who sustained multiple fractures and life-threatening injuries in a truck accident.
- $3 million awarded to a man injured in an auto accident where he lost a leg and was unable to resume employment.
- $2 million for a two-year-old boy who sustained brain damage after ingesting medication from a pill bottle left on a babysitter’s nightstand. We were successful in this case because we were able to prove that there was a conscious effort on the part of the pharmacy to use less expensive non-child proof containers in order to save costs. Federal laws require that all medications be filled in a childproof container, except in special circumstances.
- $1.5 million to the estate of a woman killed in a motor vehicle accident in central Pennsylvania. The wife and mother of two was killed when the driver of a delivery truck lost control and struck the woman’s car in her lane of travel. The settlement amount is believed to be one of the highest settlements in historically conservative central Pennsylvania.
- Confidential settlement for Multiple Victims with Penn State University for sexual abuse