Vivek Malik practices in all aspects of immigration law including business, family, asylum and removal defense. He has worked with numerous companies across various industries and has helped businesses to bring in skilled workers in various worker visa categories.
Vivek has processed and filed petitions, appeals and motions with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the United States Department of State (DOS) and the United States Department of Labor (DOL). He has also represented professors and researchers at various universities and academic institutions to secure nonimmigrant specialty visas and immigrant visas.
Vivek has counseled business clients regarding work-site compliance and enforcement issues and I-9 compliance issues. In addition, he has represented clients before the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and the federal court.
Vivek has also successfully represented clients in affirmative and defensive Asylum proceedings and has a track record of providing very effective defense to clients in deportation and removal proceedings.
Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
- Missouri Bar (2006)
- Solicitor of England & Wales (2010)
- Advocate, Delhi Bar Council (2000)
- JD / LLM, University of Illinois College of Law (2004)
- MBA, Southeast Missouri State University (2002)
- LLB & BA, Mahrishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, India (2000)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers-Rising Star (Missouri & Kansas) (2013-2015) – Super Lawyers Magazine
- Up & Coming Lawyer (2010) – Missouri Lawyers Weekly
- Diverse Business Leader Award (2010) – St. Louis Business Journal
- Top 30 under 30 Professionals (2007) – Business Today (Southeast Missourian)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Asian American Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association (St. Louis Chapter)
- Punjab & Haryana Bar Association
- Delhi Bar Council