Mr. Edwards practices in the fields of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death, with a primary focus on representing crime victims and their families. He has represented victims in state and federal courts, in nearly every type of case imaginable, including Negligent Security/ Premises Liability civil actions, Sexual Abuse cases, identity theft, computer hacking, transmission of STDs, privacy rights violations, and complicated fraud schemes.
Mr. Edwards has passionately upheld the rights of crime victims throughout this legal career. Before entering private practice, Mr. Edwards was lead trial attorney at the Broward County State Attorney’s Office, prosecuting many violent criminals. Since leaving the State Attorney’s Office, Mr. Edwards has continued to devote his practice and his life to fighting for the rights of crime victims, oftentimes in complicated and hotly contested complex civil trial matters. Mr. Edwards has built a reputation for successfully handling the “civil” litigation aspect of these types of cases and handing over his findings to state and federal prosecutors, who then can pursue the criminal case on behalf of the victims.
Mr. Edwards is a passionate advocate for crime victim’s rights who has tried more than 75 jury trials. Despite his busy trial schedule, he provides hundreds of hours of pro bono services each year to Victims Advocate Services and victims’ rights groups in Broward and Palm Beach County and throughout the country. Mr. Edwards is currently pursuing a precedent setting case in Federal Court, on a pro bono basis, on behalf of young girls who were sexually molested by a well-connected billionaire, wherein he is litigating to uphold the rights of crime victims as provided by the Crime Victims’ Rights Act.
Brad has been profiled in The Best Lawyers in America and has been recognized by the “National Trial Lawyers Association for Top 40 Under 40. He was also recognized with the “Daily Business Review Top Florida Verdicts & Settlements of 2011. Mr. Edwards is rated AV by his professional peers through the “Martindale-Hubbell© Peer Review Rating system. According to Martindale-Hubbell, the “AV” rating of “Very High to Preeminent” legal ability is a testament from peer legal professionals of the highest level of professional excellence and of unquestionable ethics.
Prior to pursuing a career in law, Mr. Edwards was a standout quarterback as well as a nationally ranked tennis player. He played collegiate tennis at the University of Florida and graduated college with honors. Mr. Edwards is currently a member of the following organizations: American Association for Justice’s Leaders Forum; Florida Justice Association; the Broward County Justice Association; The Endowment for Academy Giving to Law and Education (EAGLE); the National Crime Victims Bar Association; and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Edwards is a member of The Florida Bar and the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- American Association for Justice – Leaders Forum Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- Broward County Justice Association – Member
- Florida Justice Association – Member
- National Crime Victims Bar Association – Member
- The Children’s Healing Institute – Member
- The Florida Bar – Member
- Daily Business Review – High Stakes Lawsuit: Suing Legal Legend Alan Dershowitz, January 8, 2015
- Daily Business Review – Jury Awards $806, 289 to Bar Accident Victim – December 17, 2014
- The Washington Post – Eleventh Circuit rules that discovery can move forward on my Crime Victims’ Rights Act case – April 21, 2014
- Palm Beach Daily News – Appeals Court Rules Against Sex Offender – April 21, 2014
- Sun-Sentinel – Victims win right to see negotiation that led to ‘lenient’ plea deal agreement for billionaire sex offender – April, 21, 2014
- Palm Beach Post – Appellate ruling could force feds to reconsider sex charges against Palm Beacher Epstein – April 21, 2014
- Palm Beach Daily News – Newest Lawsuit Against Epstein Expected To Include Victim Testimony – 10/20/2013
- Civil Justice Magazine – Interview with Brad Edwards – Janice Beasley Case – 02/06/2013
- CBS 4 Miami – Exclusive: Sexual Assault Victim Alleges Abuse By Former Youth Pastor – 9/10/2012
- Sun-Sentinel – Elevator Fall Nets Woman $13 Million Jury Award – 9/8/2012
- Daily Business Review & Verdict Search – Top Florida Verdicts & Settlements of 2011 – July 2012
- Daily Business Review – Suit Accuses Goldrush Strip Club of Scheme to Bilk Professionals – 6/13/2012
- Daily Business Review – Shooting of Football Athlete Results in 4.26M Award – 11/17/2011
- WPTV – More Legal Trouble for Palm Beach Billionaire Who Plead Guilty To Hiring Underage Prostitutes – 8/12/2011
- Palm Beach Daily News – Jeffrey Epstein Amends Lawsuit; Claims Victim’s Attorney Threatened To Depose His Friends – 4/22/2011
- “Who is Responsible for Child Sex Abuse?”, National Crime Victim Bar Association’s Conference – Civil Actions for Criminal Acts, 2014
- “Civil Justice for Victims of Crime in Florida, The National Center for Crime Victims Seminar, 2013
- “Missing and Exploited Children”, Children’s Healing Institute’s Annual Turn on the Light Conference, 2013
- “Key Note Speaker”, Palm Beach Victims’ Rights Coalition Annual Luncheon, 2013
- “Maximizing Recovery for Sexual Abuse Victims”, FJA Seminar Web Live!, 2012
- “Maximizing Recovery for Sexual Abuse Victims”, Florida Justice Association Workhorse Seminar, 2012
- “Enforcing Victims’ Rights”, Extending the Vision Reaching Every Victim program, 2012
- “Crime Victim’s Rights During Criminal Investigations? Applying the Crime Victims’ Rights Act Before Criminal Charges are Filed,”Northwestern Univesity School of Law, Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology, Volume 104 | Issue 1, 2014