Chris Norem has recovered over $175 million dollars in complex personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from transportation disasters, construction site accidents, medical negligence, dangerous property conditions and code violations, unsafe products, and many other cases.
With undergraduate training in both biology and chemistry, Christopher Norem is unafraid to rigorously cross-examine medical experts to prove the seriousness as well as the cause of a client’s injuries in any personal injury lawsuit. His legal work has helped change the policy of a national rail system and has served as a deterrent to numerous businesses and individuals who might be tempted to negligence. Whether he’s arguing before a jury or seeking out professionals to help his clients manage the enormous monetary awards that he wins for them, Mr. Norem is constantly working to maintain a relationship of dedicated professional service and personal affection with injured and bereaved individuals who, truly, become his “clients for life.”
Norem argued and won the widely reported jury trial, Tellez v. Canadian National Railway, a groundbreaking case which exposed failures throughout the communications system for the Canadian National Railway and permanently changed its method of operations. On behalf of clients who have suffered injury or the loss of loved ones, he has secured tens of millions of dollars in compensation for cases involving transportation disasters, construction site accidents, medical negligence, dangerous property conditions and code violations, unsafe products, and many other issues. His skills are so highly regarded that the 60,000 attorneys in Sullivan’s Law Directory have voted him a Leading Lawyer, a honor given to only the top five percent of lawyers in Illinois. He has additionally been recognized by Thomson-Reuters’ Super Lawyers®in the field of plaintiff’s personal injury law. He has given lectures on personal injury law at the request of legal and medical professional groups.
If you are seeking a personal injury lawyer who will handle the most difficult aspects of medical argument with ease, who will keep you informed and stay connected with you during every step of your case, and who will assist you with other matters long after your case is settled and won, look no further than attorney Christopher M. Norem.
Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
- Illinois State Bar
- Federal Trial Bar
- United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for Northern District of Indiana
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D.
Law School Honors/Involvement:
- Dean’s list; Moot Court Honor Society
- Illinois State University, B.S., biology, minor in chemistry
Undergraduate School Honors/Involvement:
- Dean’s list; Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Phi Sigma Society
- Sigma Tau Gamma Scholar
Honors & Awards
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys
- Illinois Super Lawyer®
- Leading Lawyers Network Member selected by peers in Personal Injury Law: General
- Named among the nation’s top one percent of practicing attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois State University Attorneys Advisory Council
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers
- The Society of Trial Lawyers
Verdicts & Settlements
- Some of Mr. Norem’s notable jury verdicts include:
- $18.6M vs. C.H. Robinson Worldwide – wrongful death/trucking;
- $12.95M vs. Canadian National Railway – derailment burns/death;
- $9.0M vs. Union Pacific Railroad – FELA/work injury;
- $6.65M vs. Chicago Transit Authority – O’Hare derailment;
- $2.4M vs. Knight Transportation – parking lot injury;
- $2.3M vs. First Student, Inc. – bus accident.