Mr. Marchese has been featured in several prominent publications including USA Today and has won over 50 national awards for his excellence in law practice and law firm management.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Michigan in 2006, Mr. Marchese received a Master of Public Administration from the same school in 2007. He went on to receive a Juris Doctor in 2011 from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
Mr. Marchese is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
2012 – State Bar of Michigan
2013 – Eastern District of Michigan
2014 – Western District of Michigan
2011 – University of Detroit Mercy School of Law; J.D.
2007 – University of Michigan; M.P.A. Federal, State and Local Government
2006 – University of Michigan; B.A., English
The Marchese Law Firm
Jun 2012 – Present
Offices in Rochester & St. Clair, Michigan
Recent achievements in providing outstanding results to clients:
♦ Defended major banquet facility from eviction in a $1.3 million landlord tenant case with a verdict in favor of clients at trial.
♦ Guided Plaintiffs and Defendants through contentious divorce and family law cases involving division of assets, child custody, spousal support, and other divisive issues in the Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair and Wayne County Circuit Courts. Won a trial in regard to defending against abuse of the grand parenting rights statute.
♦ Successfully litigated or mitigated probate cases and represented numerous personal representatives in Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair and Wayne County Probate Court(s), achieving settlements and distributions in the millions of dollars for our clients.
♦ Successfully litigated or mitigated civil cases in the United States Federal District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan; Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair & Wayne County Circuit Court(s), in addition to Waterford, Shelby Twp., Rochester, Marine City and Port Huron district court(s), among others.
♦ Provided tens of millions of dollars of asset protection through estate planning techniques using wills, trusts, powers of attorneys, and other documents, in conjunction with sound advice.
♦ Provided guidance through millions of dollars of real estate transactions, both commercial and residential, including leases, mortgages and agreements to purchase.
♦ Provided millions of dollars worth of debt relief to clients either through bankruptcy or debt relief/debt settlement.
♦ Formed numerous businesses including LLCs and Corporations, including drafting of Operating Agreements, By Laws, Shareholder Agreements, and the like.
♦ Aided businesses in purchase and sale agreements and contract disputes.
♦ Provided numerous other out of court relief to clients through strong negotiations or favorable settlements.
♦ Always treated each client like family.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Marchese’s awards include:
- In 2019 Mr. Marchese was recognized as the Litigator of the Year in Family Law from the American Institute of Trial Lawyers
- In 2020 he was awarded numerous awards including the 2020 Elite Family Law Advocate award from the American Institute of Legal Advocates
- Daniel has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers from 2015-20
- He was recently recognized as one of Michigan’s Top Lawyers by Michigan’s Top Lawyers and a Top 10 Family Law Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel has listed Mr. Marchese in the Nation’s Top One Percent of attorneys from 2016-20
- He holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, he has an Avvo “Superb” rating and he was recognized in DBusiness Magazine’s Top Lawyers
- He has been recognized as a Top Litigator by the American Lawyer
- He is one of the Top 10% of Lawyers in America – Civil Litigation as awarded by Lawyers of Distinction from 2018-2020,
- He is a Top 10 Family Law Attorney in Michigan as awarded by National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Inc., and from 2016-20
- Daniel was one of the 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Michigan as awarded by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- Daniel is recognized as one of America’s Top Lawyers by the American Law Society and was recognized as one of the Best Attorneys in America
- Designated as an Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer by the Expert Network from 2017-20
- Was awarded as one of America’s Top 100 Attorneys by the American Jurist Institute
- Was honored as one of America’s Most Honored Professional by American Registry
- Was awarded as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer and a Top 100 Lawyer Nationally by the National Advocates
- Is a 2018-20 Top 10 Family Law Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- From 2019-20 he has been a Power Attorney as awarded by Power Attorneys
- Daniel also has been recognized from 2019-20 as a Top 100 Attorneys in American from the American Academy of Attorneys
- Is a Martindale-Hubbell Platinum Client Champion and was awarded such distinction from 2017-20
- Was awarded The Top 1 Percent Award from America’s Most Honored Professionals from 2019-20
- The Marchese Law Firm has been recognized as one of the Best Law Firms in America in 2018 and was awarded the honor of being one of the 10 Best Law Firms from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys from 2018-20.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
State Bar of Michigan
Oakland County Bar Association
Macomb County Bar Association
Verdicts & Settlements
Received a vindicating verdict, resulting in a trial victory after 4 days of trial, in a $1.3 million landlord-tenant eviction and money damages suits.
Received a vindicating verdict in a grand parenting rights trial, with a judgment no of cause of action for our client father.
Settled a trust litigation matter with a $750,000.00 payout to our client.
Settled a probate lawsuit with a $205,000.00 result to our client.
Settled a probate lawsuit with a $20,000.00 settlement for our client.
Settled a civil theft and conversion case with a cash judgment and return of property to our client.
In 2017 alone, litigated three family law cases on an emergency basis to return an improperly held child to their parent, our represented client.