Born and having lived in Charleston all his life, David Pearlman has spent his entire life observing the dignity and respect of the law. David’s father, the Honorable Gus H. Pearlman, was Probate Judge for Charleston County for 35 years. “He taught me that everybody deserves respect, dignity, and equal justice no matter their background.” David Pearlman has spent his entire career trying to ensure that “justice for all” means just that.
In college, David marched for civil and workers’ rights. After obtaining his law degree from the University of South Carolina Law School, he joined the Steinberg Law Firm in 1976. “Irving Steinberg founded the firm to help the working people of South Carolina,” he says, “It’s always been a perfect place for me to practice law.”
David has been a member of the South Carolina Bar for more than 37 years. He has won landmark cases before the State Appellate and Supreme courts. He has been credited with successful victories protecting working people against some of the country’s largest corporations.
David has lectured and served on numerous committees devoted to workers’ rights, including the Legislative Chairperson for South Carolina Injured Workers’ Advocates (IWA). He is a past recipient of the Gedney M. Howe Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service. David is a member of the Social Venture Partners in Charleston. He is a 2011 recipient of the Leadership in Law by Lawyers Weekly. He has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America for 10 years in a row. He has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” for 8 years. He has also served as an adjunct professor at the Charleston School of Law.
David and his wife, Janet, live on Sullivan’s Island and have two children.
Honors & Awards
- David Pearlman Profiled in “Leadership in Law 2011″
- Malcolm Crosland & David Pearlman Named College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Fellows
- Attorneys Pearlman, White, & Crosland Jr. named to Best Lawyers In America
- Linen v. Ruscon Construction Company – Workers’ Compensation Case – 1985
- Three Attorneys From Steinberg Law Firm Named Among Nation’s Best
- Muir v. C.R. Bard, Inc. – Workers’ Compensation Case – 1999
- Pearlman Named Best Workers Comp Lawyer in Charleston
- Steinberg Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition
- Steinberg Law Firm Secures Workers’ Comp Benefits for Client Who Tripped at Work
- Sellers v. Pinedale Residential Center – Workers’ Compensation Case – 2002