Dawn is a highly skilled litigator and top San Francisco Bay Area personal injury attorney. She holds an undefeated record in trial and arbitration for her clients and a special talent for obtaining exceptional results for the injured. A graduate of University of California, Hastings College of Law, she has been practicing personal injury law for over 24 years.
Dawn specializes in motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, premises liability, dog bites, slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents, and wrongful death claims.
If you have been seriously injured and are seeking a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney, look no further. Dawn knows how to win cases and get your claim paid. Cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means if Dawn does not recover compensation for you, there is no fee. She is paid out of the compensation she recovers for you.
Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
California, December 1998
Dawn received her J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of Law, and was admitted to practice law in California in 1998. She is in her 25th year of practicing law. Dawn received her undergraduate degree from Binghamton University where she graduated Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and in the top 1% of her class.
1999-2023: Managing Attorney, The Hassell Law Group, P.C., San Francisco, California
Honors & Awards
Dawn holds numerous honors and awards including:
- Super Lawyers (10 Years 2014-Present)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- High Stakes Litigators
- Nation’s Top One Percent-National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC)
- A number of Dawn’s case results for clients have been ranked among the highest in California by Top Verdict, a national lawsuit ranking company.
- Member of San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA)
Verdicts & Settlements
- $10 Million+ confidential settlement for a woman who was seriously injured in a head on collision caused by a commercial truck driver
- $4,900,000 settlement for our client in his mid-50’s who had an extended hospitalization and was seriously injured when his vehicle was T-boned by a cement truck.
- $4,677,244 court judgment in San Mateo County in a serious motorcycle accident where the motorcyclist was hit by a car driving on the wrong side of the road. The motorcyclist sustained serious injuries, including multiple broken bones requiring surgeries.
- $4,600,000 result for a Bay Area Physician who sustained an impalement injury to their dominant hand in a trip and fall accident. The client tripped and fell on a landscaping rock that protruded into a walkway on a commercial property.
- $4,500,000 settlement for our pedestrian client in her 60’s who was hit by a motor vehicle while crossing in a San Francisco crosswalk. The client sustained a traumatic brain injury which required surgery and hospitalization. The client’s husband asserted a loss of consortium claim which was included in the settlement.
- $2,525,000 result for 2 clients who were pedestrians struck by a loose trailer being pulled by a commercial vehicle.
- $1,750,000 result for the family of a 71-year-old woman hit and killed by an agricultural vehicle.
- $1,750,000 result for a client rear-ended by a commercial truck suffering spinal injuries that would require spinal surgery.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a rideshare driver in San Francisco who was injured by a reckless driver. The client, a young man, was knocked unconscious upon impact. He sustained a concussion, and a fractured clavicle requiring surgery.