Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
- NEW YORK (1982)
- COLORADO (1983)
- INDIANA (2003)
- S. DISTRICT COURT-COLORADO (1983)
- S. DISTRICT COURT-WESTERN DISTRICT NEW YORK (1983)
- S. DISTRICT COURT-SOUTHERN DISTRICT INDIANA (2003)
- TENTH CIRCUIT U.S. COURT OF APPEALS (1983)
- S. DISTRICT COURT-NORTHERN DISTRICT CALIFORNIA
- S. DISTRICT COURT-SOUTHERN DISTRICT CALIFORNA
- DISTRICT COURT-HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS
- J.D.,1982, The University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
-Barrister’s Cup Fellow (1982)
- B.A.,1979, Austin College, Sherman, Texas
-Psi Chi National Honor Society
- PERSONAL INJURY WITH EMPHASIS ON SPINAL CORD & BRAIN INJURY
- WRONGFUL DEATH
- PROFESSIONAL MALPRACTICE
- PRODUCT LIABILITY
- INSURANCE BAD FAITH
- TRUCKING, AVIATION, AUTO ACCIDENTS
- RECREATION AND SPORTS ACCIDENTS
Honors & Awards
SELECTED HONORS AND AWARDS
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Assoc. of Distinguished Counsel (2015)
- Super Lawyers (Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice-Colorado) 2006-08, 2010, 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers 2007-
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Invited)
- Best Attorneys of America-Lifetime Charter Member (Invited)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, NTLA
- Member, Nation’s Top One Percent, NADC
- Denver Post Sunday, Denver & The West front page “Nonprofit Liable In Heat Injury,” April 5, 2009.
- Rocky Mountain News Front Page, “Road Rage Victim Awarded $1.1 million” March 12, 2002.
- Sunday Denver Post Front Page for Craniosynostosis Epidemic cases in 1995-1996, four times on front page of Sunday Denver & The West section.
- ABC’s 20/20 with Barbara Walters in 1996 for Craniosynostosis epidemic cases.
- Wall Street Journal in 1996 for Craniosynostosis epidemic cases.
Verdicts & Settlements
- Zeiger v. Floyd-2012-Largest post-concussion verdict in Colorado-$1.2 million.
- Paraplegia caused by Cardiothoracic surgeon-2011-Anonymous settlement-$1 million policy limits.
- Death by Rural Hospital ED-2010-Anonymous $875,000 settlement for failure to diagnose aortic dissection leading to death.
- Fairbrother v. Gold Crown Foundation, Inc.-2009-First case to apply Premises Liability Act to hold non-profit sports organization liable for brain injury to participant for failure to use air conditioning-$1.6 million verdict.
- C. v. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co., Bad faith settlement for $1.5 million.
- Hance v. Williams, et al.-2005-Aviation case related legal malpractice verdict in Harris County, Texas
- Gensler v. Wilkes-2002-First “Road Rage” verdict in Colorado-$1.1 million verdict
- Ross E. Apgar, et al. v. William R. Kennedy, Jr. – 1998- US Bankruptcy Court-First case to successfully apply civil RICO in Colorado & California-$13+ million awarded
- Kerin et al. v. Children’s Hospital & Edward McCleary MD-1995-Colorado Craniosynostosis Epidemic involved over 600 cases of pediatric neurosurgery-resulted in dismissal of Chief of Neurosurgery and restructuring of Children’s Hospital
- Anonymous Denver Children’s Hospital Settlement- 1995-Largest malpractice settlement to date under Colorado Health Care Availability Act according to Richard Dana, JAG
- Multiple other confidential million dollar settlements in a variety of cases.
- “The Pro Rata Liability Act and Imposition of Joint Liability Among Physicians,” The Colorado Lawyer, Feb. 1998, Vol. 27, No. 2, p. 89.
- Cork v. Sentry Ins., 194 P.3d 422 (Colo. App. Div. 5 2008)
- Freyer v. Albin, 5 P.3d 329 (Colo. App. 1999)
- In re Kennedy, 143 B.R. 776 (D. Colo. 1992)
- Union Pacific R. Co. v. Allied Chemical Corp., 756 P.2d 394 (Colo.App. 1988)
PUBLIC SERVICE ACTIVITIES
- Assisted with formation of Brain Injury associations in Colorado and New York.
- Humanitarian aid trips to South Sudan to assist victims of war.
- Supporter of Cherry Hills Community Church Missions Department
- Supporter of GOAL and WARCHILD non-governmental aid agencies and charities.