Paul Cannon earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law in 1995 and passed the Texas bar that same year. He immediately began his practice in personal injury trial law with Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. His dedication and hard work earned him Board Certification in Personal Injury Trial Law in 2005. Among his awards are: recognition as a “Top Lawyer” by H Texas Magazine in 2013, recognition as a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly’s Super Lawyer Magazine 2017-2020.
Admission Dates & Jurisdictions
South Texas College of Law 1995
University of Texas – Philosophy 2002
Graduated from South Texas School of Law in 1995 and began working as a trial attorney for Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. immediately. As a personal injury lawyer in Houston, TX, I have handled a wide variety of personal injury cases, including slip and fall accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, dog bites, work injuries, product liability claims, and other negligence cases. As a dog bite lawyer, I have taught continuing legal education courses to attorneys across the United States relevant to handling dog attack cases. As a Houston truck accident lawyer, I have handled cases involving drowsy drivers, unsecured loads, and other acts of negligence that turn an 18-wheeler into a dangerous weapon. If you would like a free consultation, please give us a call.
Simmons and Fletcher, P.C.
9821 Katy Freeway, Ste. 925
Houston, TX 77024
Trial Attorney 1995 to present
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Super Lawyer Magazine by Texas Monthly, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Preeminent 5.0/5.0 AV Peer Review Rating – Martindale-Hubbell, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2013-2015, 2019
- Top Lawyer, H Texas Magazine, 2013, 2017, 2019
- 10/10 Avvo.com Rating
- Top Contributor, Avvo.com 2013
- National Registry of Who’s Who, 2001- present
- Phi Delta Phi Honorary Legal Fraternity, 1995
- South Texas College of Law Deans List, 1994
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-present
- Houston Northwest Bar Association, 2014-present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2007-2009
- American Bar Association, 1995-1997
- South Texas College of Law Alumni Association, 1995-present
- Student Bar Association Student Concerns Committee, 1993-1994
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Environmental Committee, 1993
Houston Attorney Paul H. Cannon to Speak at Dog Bite CLE Seminar
Investigating and Litigating Dog Bite Cases with Paul H. Cannon of Simmons and Fletcher, P.C.
Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. is proud to announce that attorney Paul H. Cannon will be the speaker at a continuing legal education on November 4, 2020, from 2 pm to 4 pm EST. The course is presented by LawPracticeCLE.com where Paul H. Cannon is a faculty lecturer.
Paul H. Cannon has been licensed and practicing personal injury law in Texas since 1995. Shortly after obtaining his license, he handled his first dog bite cases. Paul has been handling dog bite cases regularly ever since. In the course, Investigating and Litigating Dog Bite Cases, Paul will walk attorneys through his process of handling dog bites that he has developed over the past 25 years of practice. It will begin with how to search out evidence and determine whether there is insurance coverage. Paul will share his litigation techniques that he has developed over 25 years of handling these cases.
The course is offered for attorneys needing 2 hours of continued legal education. Please check with the website for which states qualify.
You can register for the event here: https://lawpracticecle.com/courses/investigating-litigating-dog-bite-cases/, The course will continue to be available on the LawPracticeCLE.com website afterward.
You can learn more about dog bite law here: https://www.simmonsandfletcher.com/dog-bites-attacks/
- Faculty Speaker, Car Accident Law Fundamentals, LawPracticeCle.com, Nov. 2019
- Faculty Speaker, Dog Bite Cases: Investigating & Litigating, LawPracticeCle.com, Oct. 2018
- Faculty Speaker, Dog Bite Cases: Strategies for Plaintiff’s Litigation, MyLawCLE, 2015
- Faculty Speaker, Dog Bite Victim Representation, Strafford Webinars, 2013
- Five Ways to Generate Referrals on a Budget., AttorneyatWork.com, September 2017.
- Advertise With Care: Should You Use a Search Engine marketing Company? Texas Bar Journal July 7, 2017
- Is it Time to Repeal 28 U.S. Code Sec. 1332 – The Federal Diversity Rule? Lawfirms.com January 19, 2017
- Understanding the Texas Stowers Doctrine, Hg.org, January 6, 2017
- Why You Should Never Try To Handle a Slip and Fall Without an Attorney, Lawyer.com, 2017
- Theories of Recovery In Texas Dog Bite Law, Lawyer.com, 2017
- Can Drinking Alcohol Be Used Against You in A Personal Injury Case Even If You Were Not Intoxicated?, Lawyer.com, 2017
- Landlord Liability For Tenant Dog Attacks Under Texas Law, Lawyer.com, 2017
- Occupational Injury Plans and Arbitration Agreements in Employment Contracts, Lawyer.com, 2017
- Evidence of Seatbelt Use Now Admissible in Texas: Nabors Well Services Ltd. V. Romero, HG.org Global Legal Resources, 2015
- How To Investigate a Dog Bite Liability Case in Texas, Avvo Legal Guides, 2013
- The Resurrection of the Competitive Sports Doctrine in Texas, JD Supra, January 2, 2012
- Home Owner Legal Considerations When Getting a Dog, Self Growth, 2012
- Important Differences in 18 Wheeler Accident Cases and Other Automobile Accident Cases, HG.org Global Legal Resources, 2012
- Corporate Sponsor of Team Audrey’s Hero’s in MS150 2017-present.
- WalkMSHouston Sponsor 2017-present
- Connections Bible Study Co-Leader, Fairfield Baptist Church 2014-2015
- U12 Girls Soccer Team Assistant Manager, Dynamos Soccer Club 2016 2017
- U10 Boys Soccer Team Manager, Dynamos Academy 2015-present
- U12 Girls Soccer Team Assistant Manager, Dynamos Soccer Club 2015
- U11 Girls Soccer Team Assistant Manager, Dynamos Soccer Club 2014-2015
- U10 Girls Soccer Team Manager, Dynamos Academy, 2013-2014
- U7 Boys Soccer Coach, Cy-Fair Soccer Club, 2012